Blended Mix of Kiln-Dried Wood for Pizza Ovens
Our blended wood mix is the perfect option for portable pizza oven owners who like to mix things up! Each box contains three different types of gourmet wood that pair perfectly together: cherry, oak and sugar maple. When used to cook a pizza, cherry adds a fruity taste, sugar maple provides the sweetness and oak creates a classic smoky flavor. Together they produce an unbelievably flavorful smoky and sweet pie.
Not only do these woods bring the flavor, but they are also extremely easy to use. Each piece comes exactly 6-inches long with a 1-2-inch diameter. This size is perfect for popular ovens like the Ooni Karu 12, Bertello, Cru 30, Gozney Roccbox and the new Solo Stove Pi.
The wood also comes kiln-dried for an exceptionally low level of moisture. Because it is so dry, the wood ignites easily and creates prolonged, scorching-hot burns with very little smoke. You also don’t have to worry about any invasive pests in the wood as the kiln-drying process kills all insects, mold and fungi. Best of all, we sustainably source every box we produce and plant a tree for every box sold!
You can order your blended wood for pizza ovens today with free two-day shipping throughout the country. For only $54.95, you can have enough tiny wood to make 20 wood-fired pizzas!
Benefits of Our 6-Inch Blended Wood for Pizza Ovens
- Smoky-Sweet Flavor – Mix cherry, oak and sugar maple to add a delightful mix of flavors to your pizzas.
- Quality Burns – All three kinds of wood burn extremely clean for a long time because they are dense hardwoods.
- Great for Meats – Pairs well with pork, poultry, ham, brisket, beef and more!
- Sized Just Right – The 6-inch extra split pieces slide easily into the tiny mouths of portable pizza ovens.
- Easy to Ignite – The kiln-dried wood is so dry that you shouldn’t need more than a single match to light and enjoy.
- No Pests – The wood is completely free of insects, mold and fungi, which are eliminated during the kiln-drying process.
- Environmentally-Friendly – We only use responsibly harvested wood and plant one tree for every box we sell.
Here’s What’s in a Blended Wood Hot Box
- Types of Wood – Pieces of cherry wood, oak wood and sugar maple wood
- Size of Pieces – 6-inches long with a diameter of 1-2-inches
- Amount of Wood – 350 cubic inches (enough to make 20 pizzas in a 12-inch oven)
- Type of Box – Sturdy 100% recyclable and resealable container
- Shipping Details – Ships for free and arrives two days after the order is processed
- Refund and Return Policy – We allow returns for up to 30 days after the date of purchase. Full refund and return policy
Frequently Asked Questions About Our Blended Wood for Pizza Ovens
What ovens work with this blend of 6-inch woods?
Our mixed box of oak, cherry and sugar maple wood works well with a wide variety of smaller pizza ovens. The tiny pieces fit perfectly in industry-leading models like the Ooni Karu 12, Gozney Roccbox, Solo Stove Pi, Cru 30 and the Bertello Wood-Fired Oven. In short, any oven with an opening of approximately 12-inches is ideal for this wood.
Can I use this Hot Box with rocket stoves?
Yes, you can. Rocket stoves take smaller wood pieces just like this!
Can I use 6-inch blended pizza oven wood in my Ooni Karu 16?
You certainly can. However, the 6-inch size may be a little too small for the larger Karu 16. Instead, we recommend using our 8-inch cooking wood splits to heat this bigger oven more efficiently.
How many pizzas can you cook with one Hot Box of blended wood?
If you cook efficiently, you should be able to make around 20 pizzas with one box of 6-inch blended wood for pizza ovens.
What does the smoke flavor from this box taste like?
This artisan blend combines oak, sugar maple and cherry wood for a unique mix of smoky, sweet and fruity flavors. Its smoke pairs well with almost anything your creative culinary mind can think up.
Can I use this wood in my Gozney Dome?
Yes, but because the Dome is a larger oven, you will probably be better served with longer 8-inch wood. We offer our cherry, oak, sugar maple and other types of cooking wood in this larger size. So, you may want to try one of those boxes to get the most out of your Gozney Dome.
Is this portable pizza oven wood also good for smoking?
Yes! This mix of oak, cherry and sugar maple flavors is great for long smokes in smaller smokers and smoker boxes.
What does it mean that your wood is sustainably sourced?
Sustainable sourcing protects our forests by ensuring that wood harvesting does not exceed wood production. The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certifies forests that practice sustainable sourcing, and we only get our wood from forests with the FSC stamp of approval. It’s our way of making sure our beautiful greenery stays that way.