Kiln-Dried Sugar Maple Wood for Portable Pizza Ovens
Want to add truly unique flavor to the pizzas you make with your portable pizza oven? How about the sweet taste and smell of maple syrup! Sugar maple provides this tantalizing flavor because it has a 2% higher sugar concentration than other varieties of maple wood. This makes it perfect for adding a subtly sweet taste to pizzas with bacon or poultry.
What’s even sweeter is the fact that our sugar maple comes perfectly sized for portable ovens. We cut every piece to a length of 6 inches and a diameter of 1-2 inches. Because if this, it fits into popular ovens like the Ooni Karu 12, Cru 30, Bertello, Gozney Roccbox or Solo Stove Pi with plenty of space to spare.
The wood has also gone through a thorough kiln-drying process, meaning it has the ideal moisture content for burning. It lights easily with only one match and produces incredibly hot and clean burns. The kiln-drying process also removes any insects, mold and fungus in the wood, making it completely safe to burn.
We package this wood in a nifty resealable and recyclable box and ship it anywhere in the United States for free in two days! Each box includes enough wood to cook 20 pizzas and only costs $49.95. Best of all, it’s 100% sustainably sourced, and we plant a tree for every box we sell.
Benefits of Our 6-Inch Sugar Maple Wood for Pizza Ovens
- Maple Syrup Flavor – Make your guests’ mouths water with a sweet smoke that smells and tastes faintly like maple syrup.
- Versatile Cooking – Works well for cooking a variety of foods including pork, beef, poultry, vegetables and especially cheeses.
- Blends Well – Combine it with oak or cherry wood to create incredible flavor combinations.
- Low Smoke Point – Sugar maple smokes at low heat, making it ideal for low-temperature smokes.
- Split to Perfection – The tiny pieces fit perfectly in all popular portable pizza ovens.
- Hassle-Free Cooking – Kiln-dried wood is the easiest wood to ignite and best for low-smoke, high-heat cooking.
- Pristine Wood – All invasive pests, mold and fungi are removed during the drying process.
- Tree-Friendly – The wood is responsibly harvested, and we plant a tree for every box purchased!
Here’s What’s in a Sugar Maple Hox Box
- Type of Wood – 100% pure sugar maple wood
- Size of Pieces – 6-inches long with a diameter of 1-2-inches
- Amount of Wood – 350 cubic inches (enough to make 20 pizzas in a 12-inch oven)
- Type of Box – 100% resealable and recyclable container
- Shipping Details – Ships free anywhere in the country in two-days
- Refund and Return Policy – Returns are allowed for up to 30 days after the date of purchase. Full refund and return policy
Frequently Asked Questions About Sugar Maple Wood for Pizza Ovens
Which portable pizza ovens are 6-inch sugar maple wood designed for?
6 inches is the optimal size for many of the top portable pizza ovens on the market today. Some of the best ovens for this wood include the Ooni Karu 12, Bertello Wood-Fired Oven, Gozney Roccbox, Cru 30 and the new Solo Stove Pi. These are just a few of the many smaller ovens that work great with our 6-inch sugar maple wood. Really, any model with a size of around 12 inches will work perfectly with our 6-inch wood.
What does sugar maple wood smoke taste like?
Sugar Maple wood has a light, smoky flavor, with a subtle hint of maple syrup sweetness. It pairs great with pork, poultry, bacon and vegetables!
Can I use this wood in my Ooni Karu 16?
Yes, the 6-inch sugar maple logs will fit easily in the Ooni Karu 16, but you will have to use more pieces of this smaller wood to heat this larger oven. For this reason, we recommend our slightly larger-sized 8-inch sugar maple wood for the Karu 16. By using the 8-inch size, you will get more pizzas per Hot Box.
How many pizzas can you cook with a box of sugar maple pizza wood?
There’s enough wood in one 6-inch sugar maple box to cook about 20 pizzas with efficient cooking.
Can you combine sugar maple wood for pizza ovens with any other wood?
Yes! We suggest combining sugar maple with our 6-inch oak wood to create a more prolonged burn. However, sugar maple pairs well with almost all cooking woods, especially cherry.
Can I use 6-inch wood in my Gozney Dome?
Like the Ooni Karu 16, the Gozney Dome is also a larger portable pizza oven. Thus, it demands larger wood than our 6-inch logs. So, while you can fit these small sugar maple logs into your Dome, we recommend a slightly larger 8-inch size for best results.
Can I use this sugar maple wood for smoking?
Yes! The 6-inch wood fits great in smaller smokers and smoker boxes. The sugar maple wood burns with a slightly sweet smoke that will add a delicious flavor to your meat.
What does it mean that your sugar maple wood is sustainably sourced?
Sustainable sourcing simply means the forests we get the wood from don’t harvest more wood than they plant. Instead, they continually plant more trees to keep the forests beautiful and vibrant.
The Forest Stewardship Council is an organization dedicated to monitoring responsible forestry. We only get our sugar maple wood from forests which they’ve given their stamp of approval for environmentally conscious harvesting practices.